SPLENDOR X from Lumenis is powered by BLEND X technology-a binary laser emission of Nd:YAG (1064nm) and Alexandrite (755nm) wavelengths with synchronized and adjustable proportions.
The system lets practitioners customize hair removal and skin treatments across a wide range of skin tones like never before. Choose the optimal wavelength to maximize efficacy and comfort for laser hair removal, regardless of the patient’s skin type. SPLENDOR X provides a rapid coverage rate, combining high fluence, large spot size and high repetition rate.
Most laser hair removal technologies on the market use one of two wavelengths to target the hair follicle:
- The Alexandrite wavelength at 755 nm, which is ideal for treating skin tones 1, 2 and 3 (fair and light skin tones). It is highly absorbed in melanin and is therefore not safe for use on darker skin tones.
- The Nd:YAG wavelength at 1064 nm, which is ideal for treating skin tones 4, 5 and 6 (4 being tanned skin and 5 and 6 darker skin tones) as the absorption by melanin is much lower than with the Alexandrite wavelength. This wavelength is highly absorbed in oxyhemoglobin, which affects the blood supply to the hair follicle.
When using these technologies, treatment providers often need to use high settings of each wavelength to effectively remove hair. This can result in more painful treatments and temporary complications.
In order to solve these challenges, Lumenis introduced BLEND X technology. This unique technology is the first of its kind to synchronize Alexandrite (755nm) and Nd:YAG (1064nm) wavelengths to fire with adjustable proportions.
With this technology, each pulse can be BLEND Xed when fired with varying proportions to tailor treatment, and customized to fit the patient’s specific skin type, hair color and thickness for the most effective treatment.
BLEND X technology is used to power the Splendor X solid-state laser device. With this powerful, fast and versatile device, treatment providers can synchronize Alexandrite and Nd:YAG wavelengths to customize treatment options for patients with different skin and hair type combinations.
Generally, a series of 6-8 treatments will be necessary to achieve the long-term look you desire. We usually space these treatments 4-12 weeks apart. Results vary but on average, results are noticeable after 4-6 treatments, with about an 80% reduction in hair growth. Touch-up treatments may be necessary to maintain optimum results.
How do I prepare for my treatment?
- Stay out of the sun — Lasers target the melanin in your hair shafts. Melanin gives your hair its color. It also gives your skin its color, and it causes the skin to darken when it receives UV radiation. For the Splendor X laser to most efficiently target your unwanted hair, the wavelength we set should differ dramatically from your skin color. So, stay out of the sun for 2-3 weeks prior to your session, and allow there to be a contrast between the color of your hair and the color of your skin.
- No bronzers — Don’t use any sunless skin bronzers.
- Don’t tweeze or wax — The hair follicle needs to be happy and unsuspecting it is about to be damaged with laser energy. So, don’t do your normal hair removal stuff: no tweezing, waxing, or electrolysis for at least one month prior to your session. Shaving is fine, as it doesn’t affect the hair follicles, only the hair shafts.
- Don’t take blood thinners — Avoid any medications that can thin your blood. These are anti-inflammatory drugs, aspirin, and certain supplements.
- Shave the day before — Shaving only removes the hair shaft above the skin; it doesn’t bother the hair follicle. Removing the hair above the skin removes the hair that can potentially lightly burn the skin when the laser energy converts to heat energy in the hair shaft. We want the energy down into the hair follicle.