At Affiliated Dermatologists and The Skin & Laser Center, we take pride in providing our patients with only the most advanced and comprehensive skin treatments and products available. We desire to help you look and feel your best and have the skill and technologies necessary to help you achieve younger, beautiful looking skin.
Our experienced staff has been educated, trained and certified in all of the treatments and products that we offer at Affiliated Dermatologists. This is to ensure that all patients receive quality care and effective treatments. Call to schedule your complimentary consultation and let us help you achieve your skin care goals.
Microdermabrasion is especially for those with less than perfect skin. People with skin that has been damaged by the sun, age spots, acne or has a rough texture may benefit from microdermabrasion. The treatment removes the uppermost layer of skin and removes dead skin cells to reveal a healthier appearance. The exfoliation helps to revitalize the skin and encourage blood flow. We will consult with you on the treatment plan we feel will best achieve your desired results.
DiamondTome Microdermabrasion gently exfoliates the top epidermal layer of the skin without the use of aluminum oxide crystals. The diamond tipped wand and vacuum makeup the handpiece that is held at a precise angle against the skin, producing a skin polishing peel. In as little as 30-40 minutes, this gentle abrasive technique efficiently produces satisfying results. Treatments are applied through a course of weekly to monthly sessions. It can be used to treat the face, neck, chest, shoulders, back, and hands. Microdermabrasion enhances the skin’s condition by stimulating collagen production and does what no other non-surgical treatments can do in combating the signs of aging skin. Most importantly, it is safe to use on all skin types and colors.
Age spots and fine lines are reduced, pores, are unclogged, acne diminished, collagen is stimulated and more uniform tone is evident. Most clients report that their skin is visibly softer, tighter, smoother, and younger looking, even right after their first treatment.
Splendor X Laser Hair Removal
SPLENDOR X from Lumenis is powered by BLEND X technology-a binary laser emission of Nd:YAG (1064nm) and Alexandrite (755nm) wavelengths with synchronized and adjustable proportions.
The system lets practitioners customize hair removal and skin treatments across a wide range of skin tones like never before. Choose the optimal wavelength to maximize efficacy and comfort for laser hair removal, regardless of the patient’s skin type. SPLENDOR X provides a rapid coverage rate, combining high fluence, large spot size and high repetition rate.
Most laser hair removal technologies on the market use one of two wavelengths to target the hair follicle:
- The Alexandrite wavelength at 755 nm, which is ideal for treating skin tones 1, 2 and 3 (fair and light skin tones). It is highly absorbed in melanin and is therefore not safe for use on darker skin tones.
- The Nd:YAG wavelength at 1064 nm, which is ideal for treating skin tones 4, 5 and 6 (4 being tanned skin and 5 and 6 darker skin tones) as the absorption by melanin is much lower than with the Alexandrite wavelength. This wavelength is highly absorbed in oxyhemoglobin, which affects the blood supply to the hair follicle.
When using these technologies, treatment providers often need to use high settings of each wavelength to effectively remove hair. This can result in more painful treatments and temporary complications.
In order to solve these challenges, Lumenis introduced BLEND X technology. This unique technology is the first of its kind to synchronize Alexandrite (755nm) and Nd:YAG (1064nm) wavelengths to fire with adjustable proportions.
With this technology, each pulse can be BLEND Xed when fired with varying proportions to tailor treatment, and customized to fit the patient’s specific skin type, hair color and thickness for the most effective treatment.
BLEND X technology is used to power the Splendor X solid-state laser device. With this powerful, fast and versatile device, treatment providers can synchronize Alexandrite and Nd:YAG wavelengths to customize treatment options for patients with different skin and hair type combinations.
Generally, a series of 6-8 treatments will be necessary to achieve the long-term look you desire. We usually space these treatments 4-12 weeks apart. Results vary but on average, results are noticeable after 4-6 treatments, with about an 80% reduction in hair growth. Touch-up treatments may be necessary to maintain optimum results.
How do I prepare for my treatment?
- Stay out of the sun — Lasers target the melanin in your hair shafts. Melanin gives your hair its color. It also gives your skin its color, and it causes the skin to darken when it receives UV radiation. For the Splendor X laser to most efficiently target your unwanted hair, the wavelength we set should differ dramatically from your skin color. So, stay out of the sun for 2-3 weeks prior to your session, and allow there to be a contrast between the color of your hair and the color of your skin.
- No bronzers — Don’t use any sunless skin bronzers.
- Don’t tweeze or wax — The hair follicle needs to be happy and unsuspecting it is about to be damaged with laser energy. So, don’t do your normal hair removal stuff: no tweezing, waxing, or electrolysis for at least one month prior to your session. Shaving is fine, as it doesn’t affect the hair follicles, only the hair shafts.
- Don’t take blood thinners — Avoid any medications that can thin your blood. These are anti-inflammatory drugs, aspirin, and certain supplements.
- Shave the day before — Shaving only removes the hair shaft above the skin; it doesn’t bother the hair follicle. Removing the hair above the skin removes the hair that can potentially lightly burn the skin when the laser energy converts to heat energy in the hair shaft. We want the energy down into the hair follicle.
Intense Pulsed Light (IPL)
Lumenis M22 Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) is a comprehensive, nonsurgical procedure that precisely produces a dramatic effect on the skin. Intense pulsed light therapy (IPL) rejuvenates facial skin using a broad band of intense light. This popular device has the ability to treat a variety of skin disorders, like facial pigmentation, brown spots, and spider veins. Unlike a laser, treatment with IPL is much faster and the results become visible more quickly. The number of IPL therapy sessions needed varies depending on what a patient desires. The treatment time depends on the area being treated and there is little or no downtime afterwards. Treatment will take roughly 25-35 minutes, once every three weeks, with at least three to five treatments needed for the best possible results.
The IPL therapy is perfect for the individual who shows signs of photo aging. People who have rosacea, reddish discoloration, melasma, enlarge pores or fine lines tend to show the best response. The results of IPL are not immediate but take a few weeks to become obvious. The end result is a significant decrease in skin blotches and the appearance of an aesthetically pleasing youthful face.
SkinPen ® Collagen Induction Therapy
About SkinPen ®
SkinPen by Bellus Medical is the first FDA Cleared-microneedling device and effectively treat facial and acne scars. With as few as three non- invasive and affordable treatments spaced 30 days apart, you can improve your appearance and step out with confidence.
It causes controlled micro-injuries that stimulate your body’s natural wound healing process, while minimizing cellular damage. The result is effective remodeling of scar tissue, while keeping the overall structure of the skin intact.
There are three phases to the wound-repair process:
- Phase I: Inflammation. Piercing the skin triggers your immune system to disinfect the wounds, remove debris, increase blood flow and begin to create new tissue.
- Phase II: Proliferation. The wound is rebuilt with new granulation cells, which are part of the extracellular matrix. Additionally, a new network of blood vessels develops.
- Phase III: Remodeling. The wound is replaced with new dermal tissues and blood vessels.
Best of all, SkinPen works. Ninety percent of subjects in the clinical trial would recommend the procedure to family and friends.
Here’s what you can expect from a SkinPen treatment:
- A plan for optimal results. Your physician may recommend a course of procedures based on your individual goals. Maintenance of your procedure might require multiple treatments.
- A comfortable procedure. Based on your needs, your physician will likely apply a topical numbing agent to the treatment area.
- A short procedure time. The treatment will likely take about 30 minutes.
- A mild sensation. Most patients report feeling only the slight vibration of SkinPen during the procedure.
- Minimal post-procedure effects. The skin will appear slightly pink to red immediately post-procedure, similar to a mild to moderate sunburn. Additionally, the most common treatment responses experienced were dryness, rough skin, tightness, redness, itching, peeling, discomfort, tenderness, and burning. These conditions resolved over time without any further complications. Please see patient labeling for detailed safety information.
- Soothing aftercare. Your clinician will provide Skinfuse® LIFT, a clean, non-cytotoxic hydrogel used to prevent the skin from drying out post-treatment.
Chemical peels are one of the oldest cosmetic procedures performed in the world. There are various types of chemical peels that can aid in skin rejuvenation. We offer a variety of chemical peels for all skin types and conditions. Depending on the strength, some peels will result in at least a small amount of down time, during which the dead skin will visibly flake and peel off. Following this stage, the “new” skin will appear smoother and more even in texture and tone. These peels can effectively reduce fine lines and wrinkles, uneven pigmentation, shallow acne scars, sun damaged skin and age spots. This procedure is performed in a doctor’s office and involves the application of a series of peeling agents to the skin to remove dead cells and stimulate the production of new skin cells. Most patients experience a mild to moderate hot sensation lasting 1 to 10 minutes depending on the depth of the peel. Depending on your skin problem and the desired results, a superficial, medium or deep peel will be recommended.
Light peels require little down time with minimal peeling from 2 to 7 days following the peel.
The medium to heavy peels require 7 days of downtime.
The procedure takes 5 to 60 minutes, depending on the depth of the peel.
Chemical peels can be performed safely on the face, neck, chest, and hands.
Light peels can result in significant improvement of uneven pigmentation, acne, and leathery skin without hiding out. Usually 3 peels are recommended and done in a series (every 3-4 weeks).
The heavier peels require some down time but result in a deeper and more permanent result, especially with respect to wrinkles.
Most common side effects:
Peeling, temporary redness and brown pigmentation lasting usually 1 to 2 weeks for the heavier peels. Peels can rarely flare acne. Occasionally, cold sores can be triggered. This is easily treated with cold sore medication (acyclovir). Scarring is very rare for heavy peels but has been reported.
Additional Services and Events
Skin Analysis At Affiliated Dermatologists and The Skin & Laser Center, we take pride in providing our patients with only the most advanced and comprehensive skincare available. We desire to help you look and feel your best and have the skill and technologies necessary to help you achieve younger, beautiful looking skin.
What is Dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning is a simple and safe procedure for exfoliating the face and ridding of fine vellus hairs (peach fuzz). Dermaplaning uses a sterile surgical scalpel specially designed for the face to gently remove the top layer of dead skin. Dermaplaning is more gentle, yet deeper exfoliating than microdermabrasion.
What Are the Benefits of Dermaplaning?
One of the most commonly cited benefits of this treatment is the rested, rejuvenated appearance it gives patients. The skin on the face takes on a smoother and more youthful look, and patients appear more relaxed and less stressed. But scalpel facials also offer a number of other benefits as well, and some of them are in line with what you’d expect from far harsher facial treatments.
Because it gets rid of dead skin cells and spurs the development of new cells, this treatment has a rejuvenating effect on the skin. The skin tone is evened out and hyperpigmentation — the darker spots that can appear on the skin — eases. Overall, the skin takes on a fresher and brighter appearance. Rough spots on the surface of the skin are smoothed over, and the patient’s complexion is brightened.
Dermaplaning is safe to be done on most skin types except if you have active acne. Treatments can be performed as often as once a month. We included a skin type specific mask, serums and moisturizer to conclude treatments. $100 per treatment
Waxing and Tinting
What is Waxing?
We provide waxing to facial areas and some small areas of the body. Waxing removes the entire hair from the follicle, root and all. Waxing is longer lasting than shaving, tweezing or using a depilatory cream. When done on a regular basis it can slow hair growth and cause it become more sparse in the areas being waxed.
Eyebrow Wax- $22
Lip or Chin Wax- $15
Brow & Lip Wax- $32
Full Face Wax- $45
Nose or Ear Wax- $15
Underarm Wax- $28
Brow and Lash Tinting
Eyebrow and eyelash tinting involves carefully dying the lashes and brows with safe, natural tints to give them a more defined and darker appearance. We many different eyelash and eyebrow tint colors are available to complement your skin and hair coloring. Defined, well-groomed brows and lashes can give you a more youthful appearance that can last up to four weeks.
Brow Tint- $20
Lash Tint- $25
Brow Tint & Wax- $40
Our staff has received advanced education and training. With this expertise, they are able to help you choose the best make-up for your type of skin.
We will work with you individually to choose a personalized make-up combination to meet your specific needs and desires. We pride ourselves in providing the best, most current cosmetics available to help you look and feel your very best!
Experience DiamondGlow™ —a next-level, noninvasive skin-resurfacing treatment, designed to work with SkinMedica®, the best in skincare science. Together, they deliver radiant, healthy-looking skin.
DiamondGlow™ is more than a facial. Unlike traditional wet facial treatments, which rely on chemical exfoliation to treat skin at surface level, DiamondGlow’s™ patented recessed diamond tip wand delivers a next-level resurfacing treatment that deeply cleans and rejuvenates the skin.
The transformative power of DiamondGlow™ starts in our signature wand. Built with our innovative 1™ technology, the wand simultaneously exfoliates, extracts debris, and infuses the skin with professional-grade SkinMedica® Pro-Infusion Serums when pores are open and most receptive. The six DiamondGlow™ diamond tips allow your Aesthetic Provider to customize your treatment to suit your skin. Each tip is specifically designed for maximum efficacy and exfoliation for specific skin concerns.
The science and research that go into SkinMedica® Pro-Infusion Serums deliver exceptional skincare with truly meaningful results. DiamondGlow™ is designed to work with SkinMedica® Pro-Infusion serums tailored to specific skin concerns for a highly-customizable treatment. All of our SkinMedica® Pro-Infusion Serums are sulfate/sulfite-free, paraben-free, and fragrance-free. Within 72 hours of treatment, continued improvements were seen in fine lines, overall dryness, radiance, and roughness.
RADIANT RESULTS THAT LAST.
Just one DiamondGlow™ session enhances clarity and luminosity. You’ll love your instantly dewy, brighter skin, infused with nourishing SkinMedica® Pro-Infusion Serums. But even better, you’ll see continued improvement with each treatment. Treatments are suggested as often as every 2-4 weeks depending on your skin needs and desired results. Treatment time is between 30-45 minutes.